Materials Used: one p3 3mm white acrylic, one p3 3mm turquoise acrylic & one p1 of 3mm orange acrylic.
Other Supplies: Four white Multi-mount brand sign standoffs. Bit of super glue.
After peeling away miles of protective paper I placed the white acrylic sheet face down on a clean flat surface. Then inserted some of the larger orange pieces that have cutouts just for them.
After that I started placing the smaller orange hexagons; which fit any slot so I could play around with the overall look. Once I got the layout how I wanted it I placed a small amount of glue onto the seams of the orange and white acrylic. A "gel" super glue would work best. Any sort of glue that bonds acrylic should do fine. No one can see the backside once it's mounted so it's ok if it gets a little gunky.:)
I took the white layer and positioned it on the wall to use as a easy guide for marking where I needed to put my standoffs. Then proceeded to screw the base of the standoffs into the wall. (shown above)
With the standoffs installed I simply lined up the background piece (turquoise) and screwed in the next layer of the mounting system. As you can see in the close up it then leaves room for me to screw in the last layer and sandwich the sheets together.
Adding the top layer is as easy as the first. Hand tightening was all that was needed to have a snug fit.
Finally here's a picture of the sign standoff packaging in case anyone wants to use them in a future project.